Friday, June 8, 2012

Armchair BEA Day 5- The Future of Blogging

Aww, Armchair BEA is winding down, but it's been a fun week. I've visited a lot of blogs I've never been to, which is pretty cool. I've had a great time meeting so many new people and books.

Today's topic is the future of blogging. You know, I don't really have any tips or anything. I think I'm really kind of a sorry blogger. I tend to keep things pretty simple merely because I don't have time to do a whole lot more. Usually just keeping up with reviews and occasional giveaways are it. I like this simplicity though. I think it will help keep me from getting burned out (or burned up). I really try to just keep things about the books around here. That may not get me 10000 followers and hundreds of comments, but it keeps me entertained.

In general I think the future of blogging is bright. I think that book bloggers have really helped to raise awareness and exposure to a lot of different books, including indy ones. That is really awesome! We are in some sense helping writers live their dreams. I think that this really can only increase. Once people find bloggers with tastes like them, they are able to get information on so many books that might otherwise be overlooked. This is a powerful tool, and I hope that we are able to do it for many years to come.

1 comment:

Michelle Doorey said...

I'm like you. I tend to keep my blog fairly simple due to just not having the time to make it extremely fancy.
It works for me though....